Baked Sweet Potatoes with Chili, Cumin, and Lime
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed well
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 to 4 limes
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Scrub the skin of each sweet potato with a vegetable brush under running water. Pat dry. Use a fork to prick the skin of each potato--maybe 6 times.
In a small bowl, combine the dry spices.
Lay out a length of foil big enough to encompass one sweet potato. Put the potato in the middle of the foil, and rub 1/4 of the spice mixture on the potato skin. A bunch will fall off. That's okay.
Wrap the foil all around the sweet potato. Repeat for each of your potatoes.
Put them all into a large crockpot and cover. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. The potatoes are done when a knife inserts easily and the potato flesh is fluffy. Ours cooked for 6.5 hours.
Squeeze lime juice on before eating.
You'll also love
- Spezi (European orange cola) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Parsnip Pancakes Recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Bread Recipe 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bratwurst With Sautéed Cabbage &... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- sweet potato and bacon latkes 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Warm Yukon Gold and Sweet Potato... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)