Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter (1/4 cup works fine)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of shrimp soup, undiluted*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (I use crushed Ritz crackers tossed with a tbps. or 2 of melted butter)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup, shrimp, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. (Do not overcook.)
4. Combine shrimp mixture and rice. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of celery soup, undiluted, may be substituted.
Chicken-and-Rice Casserole: Substitute 3 cups chopped cooked chicken for shrimp and 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted, for cream of shrimp soup. Proceed with recipe as directed.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Scallops 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Shrimp Avocado Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Macau Shrimp And Rice Noodle Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Shrimp and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)