Chicken and White Bean Chili
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces, or pkg Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Southwestern flavor chicken breast (precooked and precut)
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Mexican diced tomatores
- 1 cup lower sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Add chicken, chili powder, and cumin; cook, stirring often until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Per 1 1/4 cup: 260 calories, 5 g fat, 34 g protein, 21 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 500 mg sodium