Apple brownies are easy to make and can be served as a breakfast treat or as a dessert. If serving for dessert, serve warm with some vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 medium apples, Granny Smith, peeled, cored and diced, approximately 1 cup diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top before baking
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, then add egg and beat until fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended. Add vanilla. Fold in the apples and walnuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You can double the recipe and use a 9 x 13-inch pan. Can sweeten with applesauce and cut down the sugar and butter. Also, you can add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.
You'll also love
- French Crullers - Dunkin Donut... 4.1/5 (115 Votes)
- Mexican Shredded Beef 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Biko (Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice) 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Spooky Fireball Whiskey... 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Crockpot Sausage Breakfast 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Garlic Bruschetta 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouses Copycat... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.6/5 (56 Votes)