Minnie's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (this is NOT a typo, it IS powdered sugar, NOT granulated sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup Wilton Candy Melts (light cocoa wafers), roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup toffee bits (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds (optional)
- Anything else you may want like: M&M's, Reese's Pieces, butterscotch chips, etc.
Place softened butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Cream with an electric mixer on high. Add the egg, water and vanilla. Mix well. Add in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well to incorporate, stopping once to scrape sides of bowl then mix again. Add in chocolate and nuts then mix just enough to distribute throughout dough.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a standard-size ice cream scoop, place heaping scoops of dough onto cookie sheets. Give them plenty of room, you can probably fit about 5 per sheet.
Place the baking sheets of dough directly into your freezer. Let them chill for 15-20 minutes until firm. This will firm up the butter in the dough and prevent excessive spreading. Remember, we want the cookies to be thick mounds, not flat discs. Remove from freezer and place into hot (400 degree) oven. Set timer for 2 minutes.Blasting the dough at the high temperature will create a crisp outer shell while keeping the inside moist.
After 2 minutes, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake cookies for an additional 15 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on pans. Slide the cookies onto cooling racks and let cool completely, at least 15 minutes. Okay, now dig in!