Beef Tender Tip and Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 10 to 12 oz beef tenderloin cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 4 tablespoons roasted garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 1 cup sherry or white wine
- 3 cups mixed wild mushrooms of choice (chanterelles, portabello, shitake, oyster, or porcini)
- 8 cups hot beef broth (low sodium is best)
- 1/4 cup demi glace (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
Adapted from foodnetwork.ca
Heat a deep sided, stainless steel braising pan or stockpot to make your risotto. Using 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sear the beef tender pieces until slightly brown but not fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove the beef and place on a plate to cool.
Add the remaining oil, butter, shallots, and garlic puree to the pan and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the rice and cook until the rice kernels are translucent, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with sherry or white wine. Add the mushrooms and put the lid on the pot for 3 minutes. This will reduce the volume of the mushrooms in the pot as the water is released.
In a separate pot heat the beef stock to boiling. Add the stock one ladle at a time to the rice, stirring continuously. The rice will take about 15 to 18 minutes to cook over medium heat. The rice should be “el dente” or cooked but still firm to the tooth.
When the rice is just completed, add the demi glace, beef pieces, and cheese. Stir well and allow to rest for 5 minutes off any direct heat. Serve immediately and garnish with a little extra cheese and chopped chives.
You'll also love
- Grammie's honey mustard Polish... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple and Cheddar Quiche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry & Orange Pavlovas 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Turkey meatloaf 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage, Mushroom, and Tomato Stew 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Red Peppers... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Belgium Beef Stew 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- STRIPED BASS WITH MUSHROOM RISOTTO 5/5 (1 Votes)