Scallops in Beurre Blanc Sauce
At Cookism, we derive immense pleasure from delivering dishes that tantalize taste buds and titillate the eyes. Shoddy food presentation can turn out looking, as Gordon Ramsay witnessed, like Gandhi’s flip-flop. Gone are the days when potato nests and modernist culinary foam are confined to fancy restaurants. Home chefs, with a little extra modicum of adventure, can also add a touch of pomp to their humble plates. Scallops in beurre blanc sauce calls for such formality. The perfection of the seared scallops can only be brought out by the swirls of classic buerre blanc sauce, along with the coronation of roe globules. Here, going over-the-top is not an option. It is an imperative.
- For Beurre Blanc sauce:
- 20 Large Scallops
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 - 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salmon Roe
- 3 Shallots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 45 ml of White Wine Vinegar
- 90 ml of Chardonnay
- A Pinch of Salt and White Pepper (to taste)
- 180 g of Cold Butter (cut into cubes)
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Gently rinse the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Add chardonnay, white wine vinegar and shallots in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook till about 1 tbsp of liquid remains. In a low heat, rapidly whisk in cold butter, 1 to 2 pieces at a time.
3. When all of the butter has been incorporated, season with salt and white pepper. The sauce should be light and creamy. Strain out the shallots and set it aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Season the scallops with salt and place them in the pan when it is really hot. Depending on the thickness of the scallops, fry for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until golden at the edges on each side.
5. Spoon Beurre Blanc sauce onto warm plates, followed by the scallops. Garnish with black pepper and microgreens. Carefully spoon salmon roe onto each scallops. Bon appetit!
You'll also love
- Sambal Telur 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Sea... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Spicy Cajun... 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Cornish Hens Stuffed with Wild Rice 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pan Seared Honey Glazed Salmon... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp Montery 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Scallops with Herbed... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Avocado Lime Salmon 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Three Tomato Crostini with Two... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Ranchero Sauce 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Zucchini Pancakes 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Linguine with Lemon Cream and... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Chimichangas 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Baby Potatoes make great Appetizers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheddar & Chives Butter 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Veggie Burrito 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops with Passion Fruit Beurre... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Scallops with Hazelnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Velasco 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spago House Salad Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted broccoli with almond... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shad Roe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Maple Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)