Browned Butter Smashed Potatoes with Butternut Squash
245 calores; 6 gm protein; 36 gm carbs; 10 gm fat; 8 gm fiber
- 1 lb (3 medium) yellow-flesh potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 small butternut squash, about 1 lb, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves, stacked and cut across into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 cup 1% milk (approximate)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes and squash with water. Add 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 2 Tbsp butter and the sage to a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Tilting pan and watching closely, cook 3 minutes until butter foams and begins to brown. Keep warm.
Thoroughly drain potatoes and squash; return to pan and shake 1-2 minutes over low heat. Roughly mash with hand masher leaving mixture chunky.
Over low heat gently mix in remaining butter and enough milk for consistency desired. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into serving bowl and drizzle with brown butter and sage.
You'll also love
- Sausage Skillet Supper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion Salad Dressing (for coldslaw) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corned Beef (Baked, Spicy) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep Fried Potato Skins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpking Pie Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carol's Roasted Butternut Squash... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef with Butternut squash 0/5 (0 Votes)