Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Quaker Oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs finely chopped blanched almonds
- 3 Tbs chopped walnuts
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat.
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
- Combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, add nuts and mix well with mixer.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until brown.