Sunday Pork Loin
My mom often made this moist roast, covered with a thick homemade barbecue sauce, for our Sunday dinner. When this pork dish was in the oven, you could smell the appetizing aroma all through the house. -Mari Anne Warren Milton, Wisconsin
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Spoon 1 cup sauce over roast. Bake, 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.