Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Creamy mashed potatoes are made ahead and include cheese, bacon and onions. Perfect for entertaining, pop them in the oven about an hour before serving!
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, about 4 ounces
- 3 green onions, chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Stir in milk and seasonings.
In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
Transfer potato mixture to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Delicious Baked Broccoli 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Raspberry crisp 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Subway Orchard Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodles 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- New York Style Lemon Cheesecake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn 4.3/5 (26 Votes)