A basic lentil soup, made in the slow cooker.
- 300 g puy lentils
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock (or water and 3 OXO cubes)
- savoy cabbage and bacon (optional toppings)
Soak the lentils in cold water, then rinse and drain. Add lentils with other ingredients to slow cooker and turn on low. Cook for 6-8 hours.
Use hand blender to puree until thick but still full of texture. If using, stirfry cabbage and bacon briefly in a frying pan and chop/add to the top of soup when serving.