Green Peas with Green Curry Chicken and Basil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Minced
- 1 pound Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts halves cut into strips
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk canned
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth canned low salt
- 1 tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 4 tablespoons Basil thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1/4 cup Organic Green Onions thinly sliced
- Cooked Rice
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1 teaspoon ginger; sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add chicken; sauté until golden, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer mixture to bowl.
Add coconut milk, broth and curry paste to skillet. Stir until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons basil, cilantro and 1 teaspoon ginger. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce thickens, about 7 minutes. Return chicken mixture to skillet. Add green peas and green onions; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon rice onto plates. Spoon curry atop rice. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
The ginger, coconut milk, curry paste, basil and cilantro in this are often used in Southeast Asian curries. Sautéing the chicken strips in olive oil adds a Western touch. For a nice finale, serve mango sorbet with canned lychees, small Chinese fruits available in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.