Spooky Spider Cupcakes
Adorable spider cupcakes start with already baked cupcakes in your favorite flavor and decorated with tinted frosting and spider legs made from melted chocolate.
- 6 baked cupcakes of your choice, cooled
- Buttercream frosting, or one can of frosting
- Tip #133
- Candy melts in your choice of colors - such as orange, black and purple.
- Fondant to make eyes, or use candy eyes
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 745mins
Note: We used tip #133 for decorating the cupcakes.
Melt candy melts in microwave in increments of 30 seconds until melted. Pour in disposable pastry bag and cut tip off.
Pipe legs on parchment paper and allow to dry completely. Remember that you have to pipe both right legs and left legs!
These usually dry very quickly, but you can do this the day before so there is minimal breakage. Once the legs are ready to use then you start the cupcakes.
Using tip #133 pipe buttercream to create fluffy, fuzzy effect. This is where you can just keep adding to make them as fluffy as you want.
Insert legs into buttercream gently.
Add eyes and decorate as you wish.
Transfer to fridge so buttercream can get cold which will keep the chocolate legs in place.
Make more legs than you think you will need.
Remember some will break so it's better to have extra than not enough.
While the chocolate legs do dry quickly, it is better to let them sit over night.
It is super important that the legs are made and dry first because you want to attach them to the cupcakes when the buttercream is soft.
Trying to stick them in cold buttercream is not going to happen!
When you insert the legs, you should have the cupcakes on a plate so you can transfer them to the fridge easily and they can harden.
You can use fondant to make the eyes. Or you can use an assortment of candy for this such as gumballs.
You'll also love
- Festive Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pineapple & Cherry Glazed Ham 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cranberry-Apple Pie with Pecan... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Halloween Snack Mix 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Halloween Tuna Cheese Melts 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Cookie Monster Bars 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Cupcakes 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Amazing Halloween Rainbow Party... 4.1/5 (42 Votes)