Carrot cake bread for the bread machine
bread, sweet bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple with juices (from can)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup freshly grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
Adapted from cuisinart.com
Coat the inside of the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all ingredients, in order listed, in the bread pan and secure the pan in the Bread maker.
Press menu button to select the Cake/Quick Bread program. Press Start/Stop to mix and bake.
While the batter is mixing, scrape the sides of the bread pan with a rubber spatula to fully incorporate ingredients.
When cycle is complete, remove from bread pan and place on wire rack to cool completely for best slicing results.