- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes in juice, cut into chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound linguine
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Adapted from cooklikeachampionblog.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until garlic is fragrant and beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and wine. Simmer over medium, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente. Drain; add pasta to skillet. Cook, stirring, until pasta is tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Serve, if desired, with Parmesan and red-pepper flakes.