Fairly healthy version without the crust.
- 8 ounces uncooked wheel-shaped macaroni (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 pound bulk turkey Italian sausage (or 1 lb.Ground Turkey)
- 2 3/4 cups meatless tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (4 ounces) Green Giant mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 cup shredded fat-free or part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Heat oven to 350º. Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain.
Cook sausage or ground turkey in skillet, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
Mix macaroni, sausage, pasta sauce, olives and mushrooms in a casserole dish.
Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until hot.
Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.