Acorn Squash Crockpot
I will make this again. It was simple, tasty, and smelled wonderful. Tip: microwaving the squash a few minutes before prep, it makes the slicing a lot easier. Enjoy!
- Acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 pinches salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from crockpot365.blogspot.com
Cut the squash in quarters, and scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. I gave the innards to the guinea pigs; they were thrilled.
Put 1/2 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar into each quarter. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon onto each brown sugar pile. Add a small pinch of salt to each quarter.
Lower the pieces into your crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for about 3. The squash is finished when it is fork tender and peels away from the skin easily.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Barbecue Beef Brisket 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pâtes à la Tomate – Tomato... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pain d’Épices à l’orange:... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Brain Cupcakes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Ancient Grains Stuffed Zucchini 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled squash and cheese 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTED PUMPKIN BARS 4.5/5 (6 Votes)