Parmesan Chicken Schnitzel
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 pound thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, pepper, and salt. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip the chicken into the egg, letting any excess drip off. Then dip into the bread-crumb mixture, pressing the mixture onto both sides. Place the cutlets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and no longer pink and the juices run clear.