Sweet Potato Biscuits with Orange Honey Butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 1/2 TBSP milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 TBSP orange marmalade
- 3 TBSP honey
Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add sweet potato and milk, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. (Dough will be sticky).
Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead lightly 4 or 5 times.
Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
In a small bowl, beat butter with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in marmalade and honey
You'll also love
- Pomegranate Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Tall Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato-Fennel Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Merle's Spinach Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry-topped Lemon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seasoned baked potato wedges 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Olive Almond Orange Relish... 0/5 (0 Votes)