Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Might try adding cranberries, dried or fresh, salad.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 T butter
- 1 C quinoa
- 2 C chicken/veggie stock or broth (reduced sodium)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped finely (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 C mushrooms, chopped
- 2 C spinach, uncooked
- 1/2 feta, crumbled
- 1 T parsley, chopped
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375.
Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, until soft.
Cook quinoa according to package directions, using vegetable broth if desired.
Saute garlic, onion, mushrooms and habaneros 7-10 minutes, until slightly brown..
Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Turn to low and add cooked quinoa and spinach and cook until wilted.
Add feta and parsely, reserving some of each for garnish.
Spoon quinoa mixture into squash, garnish and serve.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ravioli with Wild Mushroom... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Vinegar & Oil 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Berries and spinach salad.... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Corn Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chunky Chicken and Corn Chili with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- ACORN SQUASH WITH BROWN SUGAR -... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Ground... 0/5 (0 Votes)