Financiers aux fraises: Strawberry Tea Cakes
- 1/2 lb Strawberries
- 3/4 c Butter
- 4 Egg Whites
- 3/8 c AP Flour
- 1 1/8 c Powdered Sugar
- 3/8 c Almond Flour
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Over medium heat, place the butter in a pan. Let it begin to melt and separate.
2. While butter is beginning to brown, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. When the solids begin to separate and burn slightly, creating a brown color, remove the brown butter from the heat. (You should get a nutty smell from the brown butter)
4. Add brown butter to dry ingredients.
5. Mix well, and cool.
6. Add egg whites.
7. Mix until completely combined.
8. Move batter to silicon financier mold, and cut strawberries in half. Place two halves in each mold.
9. Bake at 320 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove, cool, and serve!