Cedar Planked Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds large russet potatoes
- 2 leeks, whites and green thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons smoked black pepper
1.) Poke potatoes with a fork and wrap in heavy foil. Gril or oven roast at 400 for 60 to 90 minutes or until tender.
2.) Peel potatoes and run through a potato ricer.
3.) Saute leeks in 2 tablespoons butter until carmelized. Let cool in pan
4.) Add all ingredients to potatoes and mash. Adjust seasoning to taste. Refrigerate until firm. (Potatoes can be made up a day ahead of time)
5.) Places cedar plank into water and let soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6.) Form a rectangular loaf slightly smaller than cedar plank about 1 inch high. Using your finger poke 1/2 inch depressions into the top of the loaf. (for added butter if you want)
7.) Preheat grill on medium heat (approx 400 degrees)
8.) Grill plank over direct heat until the plank begins to smolder. Move to indirect heat or decrease heat to its lowest setting and grill until heated through, approx 20 minutes. Keep a spray water bottle close by to spray the plank just in case the plank begins to burn.
You'll also love
- Avocado Toasts with Heirloom... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian Cabbage Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe