Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I used about 4 cups wheat and 1 cup rice)
- 1 cup almonds, lightly chopped (leave big chunks)
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Bee Free Honee or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple chips, chopped
Adapted from housevegan.com
1. In a large bowl combine the chex and almonds. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the Earth Balance, sugar, Honee, and cinnamon. Stir constantly until it just comes to a boil. Remove from the heat.
3. Pour the sugar mixture over the chex and carefully stir to mix. Pour the chex mix over onto a lightly greased baking pan and spread it out completely.
4. Bake the chex mix for 30 minutes, stirring half way through (after 15 minutes).
5. Mix in the apple chips and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Remove the mix from the oven and let it sit for at least 30-40 minutes before digging in. It takes a while to cool, and being burned by hot sugar is not fun!
7. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Caprese Sausage Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Ceviche 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Carrot Coriander Ginger Soup 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cold Spinach Dip 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Black Beans 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Malt Milkshake 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin 4.6/5 (8 Votes)