- Bush on Top:
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 28mins
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas.
3. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
4. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
6. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave.
7. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes and spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.