Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 pkgs. (one 8oz and one 3 oz), cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 jar (18 oz) red raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press three-fourths of the mixture into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 11-13 mins. or until set and edges just begin to brown.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spread over crust. Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture; carefully spread evenly. Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
Bake for 25-30 mins. or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.