Baked Kale Chips
A simple way to serve kale as a savory snack or garnish.
- 1 bunch kale 1 T olive oil 1 t seasoned salt
- Other desired spices
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
3. Put kale pieces into a large Ziploc bag (or use a bowl if you don't mind getting your hands oily.) Add half of the 1 T of olive oil, seal bag, and squeeze the bag so the oil gets distributed evenly on the kale pieces. Add the other half tablespoon of oil and squeeze the bag more, until all kale pieces are evenly coated with oil and slightly "massaged.” *This ensure each piece is coated. Sprinkle with seasoning.
4. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Eat as is for a satisfying treat or crumble over other dishes for a nutritious boost!
Other seasoning options: chili powder, cumin and garlic/nutritional yeast- apparently has a cheesy flavor, parmesan.
*Also try sprinkling with 1T vinegar during oil step.