Pizza Pinwheels (with Homemade Pizza Dough)
- Quick Beer Pizza Dough
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Dough Flavor, optional
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups room-temperature beer
- Mix and knead together all of the dough ingredients. Cover the dough, and allow it to rise for 30 minutes, or for up to 2 hours.
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Pizza Dough (1/2 of above)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 jar pizza sauce
- Your choice of toppings ( I used turkey pepperoni & black olives)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray and roll out your dough into a rectangle. Spread with a small amount of sauce. Add a slight layer of cheese. Then add your desired toppings. Fold up the short ends and roll into a tube (cinnamon roll style). Bake for 20-25 minutes. Dough should be lightly browned. Let sit for a few minutes.