Herbed Pork Roast and Cranberry Chutney
- Pork Roast:
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 1/2 pounds pork loin roast, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small bowl, stir together herbs de Provence, onion powder, light brown sugar, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Place the pork roast in a shallow roasting pan or baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and then rub with the herb mixture.
Place roast in oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Roast for 30 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. (Roast will continue to cook up to 170 degrees F out of the oven.) Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
In a medium bowl, combine all chutney ingredients and stir thoroughly. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
Serve chutney over pork roast.