Peach-Raspberry Charlotte recipe passed down from my French mother. Delicious and a great end-of-summer treat!
- ~42 Lady Fingers
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 3 tbsp Cognac
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Peaches
- 2 cups Cream
- 1 packet Unflavored Gelatin
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 280mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. All of the lady fingers are dipped in a mixture of orange juice, apple juice, and cognac (brandy made in the city of Cognac, France). The lady fingers are completely dry, so this moisture is crucial and all those flavors are soaked up into the lady finger, it's delicious!
2. While dipping all the lady fingers, they are arranged in a tall 8-inch cake pan to cover the entire area.
3. Now that we have the outside of our cake prepared, it's time for the filling. For this, we need about 1.5 cups of fresh raspberries and 1.5 cup of chopped peaches(about 4-5 peaches).
4.In a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup of cold cream and packet of gelatin. Let sit until softened, then place over medium heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
5.While cooling, whip up about 1 3/4 cups of cream and add to fruit mixture.
6.When gelatin mixture is cool add to fruit and whip cream.
7. Place half of filling in the shell of lady fingers, then a complete layer of lady fingers and finish with the rest of the filling.
8.Place in the fridge for AT LEAST 4 hours, best if made the day before.
9. Before serving, remove from the fridge and pan. Then, add some puréed raspberries and sliced peaches. Et voila, you have a Peach-Raspberry Charlotte!