Guilt-Free Vodka Sauce
Stores well and lower in fat! Enjoy this delicious sauce without the guilt!
- 1/2 Small Onion -Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic - Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 28 oz Can of Tomato Purée
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes - Crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 Cup Fat-Free Half & Half
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1) Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Brown evenly.
2) While onion and garlic cooks, place medium pot over medium heat. Add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes.
3) When onion and garlic are cooked, add vodka. Cook for 10 minutes or until fumes disappear.
4) Add vodka mixture to tomatoes.
5) Toss in oregano and basil. Cook for 10 minutes.
6) Add cheese. Cook for 5 minutes.
7) Add half & half. Cook for 2 minutes.
8) Remove from heat and either store in the fridge or toss with your favorite pasta!
You'll also love
- Mostaccioli with Vodka Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)