Mousse au Chocolat
This chocolate mousse was topped off with some candied bacon. There was literally a fight over the extra serving. Make this.
- 1/3 lb Dark Chocolate
- 3 Eggs, Seperated
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/5 cup Fine Sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Melt chocolate slowly over a double-broiler. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Once chocolate is cool enough to touch, add cream and stir until well mixed.
3. Add egg yolks to mixture, mix until just combined.
4. In a seperate bowl, whip up egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add sugar and combine until just combined.
5. Fold egg white mixture into chocolate GENTLY! The egg whites is what makes the mousse, so don't overblend!
6) Move to serving bowls and refridgerate for 4 hours at least.
7. Serve and enjoy!