Fall Vegetable Curry
Looking for an awesome vegetarian dish? Try this delicious Fall Vegetable Curry. Embrace Indian flavors by making this vegetarian meal that only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) no-salt-added tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2% reduced-fat
Cooking time 30mins
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
Decrease heat to medium. Add cauliflower, onion, and curry powder; cook 1 minute, stirring mixture constantly.
Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
From Cooking Light - 231 calories per serving