Cornmeal Oven-Fried Chicken
- bread crumbs 1/2 cup dry
- cornmeal 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese 1/3 cup grated
- parsley 1/4 cup fresh minced or 4 teaspoons dried
- garlic powder 3/4 teaspoon
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- onion powder 1/2 teaspoon
- thyme 1/2 teaspoon dried
- pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- buttermilk 1/2 cup
- chicken 1 broiler/fryer , cut up and skin removed
- butter 1 tablespoon melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients.
Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter.
Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear.