Quinoa Chickpea Avocado Salad
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 Can of garbanzo beans
- 1 Cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 Small avocados
- 2 Cups or 2 big handfulls of fresh spinach
- 1 Bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Teaspoons dijon mustard
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa in the vegetable broth, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until no liquid remains. Let the quinoa cool down a little.
2. Meanwhile, run the spinach and cilantro through a food processor. (You could even throw the garlic and red onion in there, to make it even easier).
3. Drain and rince the chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans) and place them in a large bowl.
4. Combine the quinoa, cilantro and spinach mixture, onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper in the bowl with the chick peas.
5. Mash up the ripe avocados before adding them to the bowl as well. Finally stir in the halved cherry tomatoes.
You'll also love
- Thanksgiving green bean casserole... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dessert - Low Sugar Strawberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Polenta With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TOASTED CHICKPEA SNACK 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Avocado, Tomato, Red Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)