Crockpot Beef & Broccoli
No more Chinese take out when you can make this Beef and Broccoli in your slow cooker! Add the broccoli at the end, so it is not over cooked. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice (brown rice, or riced cauliflower)
Adapted from facebook.com
Place beef in a crock pot.
In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar/honey, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce from the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
Once sauce is thickened, add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
Serve over hot cooked rice.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread - Healthy Recipe 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Sweet Rolls 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Shrimp Linguine In A Tomato &... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Divan 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Balsamic Pork Chops 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Breakfast Sausage 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Pesto Recipe 4.5/5 (35 Votes)