Italian-Style Tot Casserole
- 1 Package Ore-Ida® Tater Tots®
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage, in pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Medium, into strips
- 1 Onion Small, into strips
- 2 Cups Classico® Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
Adapted from oreida.com
1..Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2..In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium high heat, brown sausage for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pepper and onion, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to baking dish and spread evenly. Top with a layer of Tater Tots®. Spoon Pasta Sauce evenly over top and sprinkle with cheese.
3..Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If desired, substitute Italian-style sausage links with hot or sweet Italian-style bulk sausage.