Lemon Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries and/or blueberries
- Powdered sugar
1. For crust, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 3/4 cup powdered sugar; beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the 2 cups flour; beat until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, combine eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, orange peel, the 1/4 cup flour, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer until combined. Sprinkle berries over crust. Pour filling over berries, arranging berries evenly with a spoon.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown and filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes about 30.
Make-Ahead Tip: Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Or, place cut bars in a storage container or freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw, covered, in the refrigerator.