- 1/2 pound assorted mushrooms
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk (warm)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt 2 tablesppons of butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until tender (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt remaining butter. Sprinkle with flour and whisk continuously to cook for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in warm milk while whisking continuously.
3. When mixture begins to thicken (3-4 minutes), add salt, pepper, and mushrooms and mix until combined.
4. Top biscuits and serve warm.