Wok-Seared Chicken Tenders with Asparagus and Pistachios
You'll love this chicken tender recipe that also features fresh asparagus. Stir fried with Asian seasonings and sauces, this meal is a treat!
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound(s) chicken tenders, (see Ingredient Note), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) oyster-flavored sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) chile-garlic sauce, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1/4 cup(s) shelled salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from delish.com
1.Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add asparagus; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in scallions, ginger, oyster sauce and chile-garlic sauce; cook, stirring, until the chicken is juicy and just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in pistachios and serve immediately.
2.Ingredient Notes: Chicken tenders, virtually fat-free, are a strip of rib meat typically found attached to the underside of the chicken breast, but they can also be purchased separately. Four 1-ounce tenders will yield a 3-ounce cooked portion. Tenders are perfect for quick stir-fries, chicken satay or kid-friendly breaded "chicken fingers." Chile-garlic sauce is a blend of ground red chiles, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries. It can be found in the Asian-food section of large supermarkets. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 year.
You'll also love
- Beef: Chili: (Paleo) My Infamous... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- DIABETIC BANANA BREAD 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Ricotta,... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Asparagus, Leek and Gruyere Quiche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Asparagus with Balsamic... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Parmesan Panko Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Stuffed w/ Bacon &... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)