Whoopie Pie Filling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar , sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (about 7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Makes: About 2 1/2 cups of filling, enough to fill 12 whoopie pies.
In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar and salt to the butter; mix well. Add marshmallow crème and vanilla; blend well. Use immediately to fill whoopie pies or refrigerate covered up to 1 week. Bring back to room temperature and lightly beat before using.