Toasted Whole Wheat Couscous with Basil and Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 C whole wheat couscous
- 2 t canola oil
- 1/4 C finely chopped green onions
- 1 C diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 C finely chopped fresh basil
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 T dry roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 T crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Heat skillet over med high heat. Add couscous, and toast 3-4 min, stirring occasionally. Transfer to plate.
Heat oil in same skillet over med high heat. Add green onions, and saute 2 min. Stir in bell pepper, basil and cinnamon and saute 2 min orl until basil is wilted. Add 3/4 C water and bring to a boil. Add couscous, reduce heat to med low, cover and simmer 5 min or until water is absorbed. Transfer to plate and top with sunflower seeds and feta.