Treat yourself to some sweet and comforting glazed apple fritters with this simple recipe. Perfect for a sweet breakfast or deep-fried dessert.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Cooking time 15mins
Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon. Stir in milk and egg until just combined. Fold in apple.
Pour oil into skillet so that it is approximately 1 1/2 deep. Heat oil on high. Oil is ready when a little dough thrown in floats to top.
Carefully add dough to oil in heaping teaspoons. Cook until brown, about 2 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes, until both sides are browned. Transfer briefly to paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack.
Make glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle over apple fritters. Wait approximately 3 minutes for glaze to harden, then flip fritters and drizzle glaze over the other side. Best served warm.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Box Bars 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- LEMON WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Little Apricot Cakes 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Honey 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Paleo Cranberry Apple Pear Crisp 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffin 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Bagels 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Walnut Bread 4.4/5 (40 Votes)