Sugar Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam
- For the jam (makes 1-1.5 cups)
- 3 large apples, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup 100% pure apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of fine grain sea salt (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
For the jam: Add all jam ingredients into a medium pot and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. When the apples are fork tender, remove from heat and mash 50% of the mixture to thicken. Set aside to cool.
Store leftover jam in an air-tight container or jar in the fridge. Should last for at least 1-2 weeks.