New Green Bean Casserole
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, stem ends removed, beans cut in thirds or 2 lbs. (12 cups) cooked, frozen
- stick butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots or chopped onions
- 10 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems twisted off and discarded, caps sliced
- 1 box (18.3 oz.) creamy portobello mushroom soup (Cambell's Select)
- 1 can French-fried onions
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 350
Lightly coat a 2-qt shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
Bring a 4-to-5 qt. pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans; cook 7 to 8 minutess until crisp-tender. Drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and liquid from mushrooms evaporates. Add to beans. Pour on soup, toss gently to coat; transfer to baking dish.
Top with French-friend onions.
Bake 30 min, or until hot and bubbly and onions are crisp.
Planning Tip: Can be prepared through Step 3, covered and refregerated up to 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature before baking.