Smoked Mozzarella and Sun-dried Tomato Cigars
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Prosecco
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups field greens
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Lay a sheet of phyllo dough on a clean dry work surface.
3. Use a pastry brush to brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter.
4. Fold the phyllo sheet in half lengthwise, resulting in a 12 x 8-inch rectangle.
5. Brush the top of the phyllo with melted butter.
6. Place a few slices of smoked mozzarella at a narrow end of the phyllo rectangle, leaving 1-inch on each side.
7. Top the cheese with a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes.
8. Carefully roll up the phyllo dough into a cigar shape starting with the cheese and tomato end.
9. About half way through the rolling, tuck in the 1-inch ends of the phyllo dough, and continue rolling. 10. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, seam side down, and brush the top with butter.
11. Continue rolling the 5 remaining cigars.
12. Bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
13. Meanwhile, in a small ball jar or in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid combine the extra-virgin olive oil, Proseco, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
14. Shake well.
15. Toss the Proseco vinaigrette with the field greens. 16. Place the dressed greens on a serving platter or on individual serving plates.
17. Slice the cigars into 2-inch pieces. Place atop the dressed field greens.
18. Serve immediately.