Lemon Buttermilk Raspberry Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- seedless raspberry jam
- Raspberry Jam Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- raspberry jam to taste (about 1/2 cup for me)
Adapted from cherryteacakes.com
For the Cake:
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line 24 cupcake tins with paper wrappers Beat sugar, butter and lemon peel in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Divide batter among prepared pans along with a dollop of raspberry jam. Bake until tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
For the Frosting:
Whip butter, salt, and vanilla till creamy then whip in powdered sugar in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Beat on a medium speed until light and fluffy. Add jam and continue until incorporated.
You'll also love
- Berry Gummy Hearts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Chicken Bow-Tie Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia-Crusted Halibut with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LITTLE LEMON DROPS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- All Bran Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie 5/5 (2 Votes)