- 18 oz. unsalted butter room temp.
- 1 lb. unsweetened chocolate
- 10 eggs
- 2 lbs. 8 oz. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 0.5 fl. oz. coffee extract (optional)
- 1 lb. pastry flour
- 8 oz. pecans pieces
- Powdered sugar as needed
1. Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler to 120°F. Hold the chocolate at this temperature
2. While the chocolate is melting, beat the eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 10 minutes. Add the salt and extracts. Scrape down the bowl, then add the flour and mix until combined. Fold in the nuts.
3. Spread the batter evenly onto a paper-lined half sheet pan. The pan will be very full. Bake at 325°F until the center is set, approx. 40 minutes.
4. Cool completely before cutting. Dust the brownies with powdered sugar if desired.