- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 graham cracker pie shell (unsweetened, if available)
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 4-6 oz of whipping cream
Preparation time 215mins
Cooking time 395mins
1. Remove the label from the can of condensed milk but DO NOT OPEN THE CAN. Submerge the can in a large pot of boiling water for three hours. It may be necessary to add water periodically to keep the can submerged, as boiling water will evaporate.
2. Remove the can from the boiling water and set aside to cool.
3. Once cooled, spread the contents of the can into the pie shell. It will have the flavor and texture of a soft toffee.
4. Slice the banana and create a layer on top of the toffee.
5. Whip the cream in bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Spread the whipped cream on top of the banana.