Spinach bacon mac n cheese
pork and pasta main dish
- 3 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 pkg. (6 oz. ) baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices Bacon, chopped (if you use precooked add a T butter)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 T chopped chives
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
HEAT oven to 350°F.
COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding spinach to the boiling water for the last minute.
cook and stir bacon in large saucepan until crisp. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Add flour to drippings; cook and stir 1 min. or until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened.
ADD 1 cup cheddar and Parmesan to saucepan; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted. Add pasta mixture and bacon; mix well.
SPOON into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining Cheddar. Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Fajita Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheesy pasta and veggies 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream Bread 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini Fries - Baked 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Tomato, Zucchini and Goat Cheese... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach Soup 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Peaches and Pork 4.3/5 (13 Votes)